NLCV is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect our state’s natural legacy by educating voters, advocating for sound policies, and electing conservation champions.
NLCV is hiring a Program Manager to expand NLCV’s outreach across the state of Nebraska and ensure solid programming. If you care deeply about our state and ensuring that Nebraska has a bright future, this opportunity is for you.
You will play an integral role in managing a new program, Common Ground. The purpose of the Common Ground Program is to build a statewide infrastructure of Nebraskans who care about the environment and who are knowledgeable about how to manage Nebraska’s natural resources. Common Ground is run by community organizers who recruit volunteers, organize monthly educational programs, and implement local conservation projects. As Program Manager, a key part of your job will be to manage the community organizers and ensure the Common Ground Program’s success. You will also assist with NLCV’s advocacy efforts and other activities as directed by NLCV’s Deputy Director.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Common Ground program’s everyday activities, including administration, supervision, and communication with partners
- Providing coaching and supervision to the Common Ground community organizers
- Periodic travel to each of the Common Ground regions to ensure programmatic success
- Communicate Common Ground program progress to NLCV’s Deputy Director
- Recruit and retain high-quality community organizers
- Ensure proper training and monitoring of community organizer work sites
- Maintain compliance in all fiscal and programmatic documentation
- Work with individuals and organizations to identify community needs, leverage community assets, and position the Common Ground Program as a strategy for solving community problems
- Provide ongoing training to community organizers
- Actively participate in managing the budget of the program
- Identify potential funding opportunities
- Assist with NLCV and NCEF’s other educational and advocacy work
- Other activities as directed by NLCV Deputy Director
- Program coordination and management
- Event planning
- Media/public relations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Fundraising and grant writing experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
The starting annual salary for this position is between $36,000 and $44,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
Timeline for Hiring:
We will accept applications on a rolling basis. We plan to hire before December 15.
Apply by submitting your resume to Chelsea Johnson at email@example.com